7shifts is a cloud-based employee scheduling software designed for the restaurant industry. We provide enormous value to thousands of restaurant owners globally – from independent establishments to large franchises – by helping restaurant operators create schedules, streamline communications, and reduce labour costs. As a result, we’ve become a world leader in restaurant software.
With thousands of customers across the globe, we are scaling quickly and are looking for a customer focused, solution driven Product Manager to join us on our mission to simplify labor management and improve performance for restaurants, freeing up time for managers to focus on serving their customers. As a Product Manager, you will own product features from conception to launch. Your team will consist of you, a Designer, a Product Marketer and Software Developers to support the work you’ve researched and prioritized. You work well in a high-paced environment, and thrive on iterating quickly to test approaches that best solve our users’ pain points. Your strong communication skills allow you to collaborate effectively with leadership, design, engineering, sales, marketing, and client success to deliver the most value to our users.
- Gather feedback from internal and external sources (Customers, Prospects, Salespeople, Customer Support, Leadership, and other stakeholders) in order to understand and prioritize problems to be solved.
- Develop a vision and roadmap for one or more of the products 7shifts offers
- Use all the available data to inform prioritization decisions and manage the backlog of features, enhancements, bugs, and technical debt for development teams
- Work cross functionally with your team to flesh out the best possible solutions for our users, and present recommended MVP approach with timelines
- Collaborate with your team to understand technical challenges and make educated tradeoffs in order to deliver maximum value to the user in the shortest amount of time
- Define feature requirements by writing user stories, acceptance criteria, test plans and release checklists
- Establish key success metrics and evaluate their performance post-launch in order to iterate quickly
- Ensure we continuously ship a well-crafted product at a timely pace
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 1 year product management experience on a platform, marketplace, or other commerce product
- Proven history of delivering high-impact product solutions via quick iterations
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex functionality to the engineering team and give clients and internal stakeholders a quick and engaging elevator pitch of the same feature
- Experience driving product development teams towards big visions with consistent execution
- Previous experience in business development or sales is a strength
- Education in commerce, computing, or user experience is an asset
- Stock options (equity) in a Silicon Valley VC-backed startup
- Competitive health benefits
- Continuous learning allowance
- Generous & flexible vacation
- Free catered lunches every Friday
- Unlimited snacks and fully stocked drink fridge with fresh juices
- A culture that values authenticity, trust, curiosity, and diversity of thought
- Apple equipment
- Casual dress code
- Convenient Broadway location close to awesome restaurants, of course
We thank you for your interest in joining the 7shifts team! While we welcome all applicants, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.