7shifts is a cloud-based employee scheduling software designed for the restaurant industry. We provide enormous value to restaurant owners – from independent establishments to large franchises – by helping restaurant operators create schedules, streamline communications, and reduce labour costs. As a result, we’ve grown explosively to become a world leader in restaurant scheduling software.
With thousands of customers across the globe, we are scaling quickly and are looking for a empathetic, organized Engineering Manager to join us on our mission to simplify labor management and improve performance for restaurants, freeing up time for managers to focus on serving their customers. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something big and transformative, someone who will play a critical role in driving our success.
As an Engineering Manager, you live to see teams succeed and thrive off of guiding talented Developers along their individual career paths. Not only are you a people person who prides themselves in being an effective leader, you also have a technical background that enables you to speak and understand software.
- Facilitate active communication between teams and executives
- Work closely with the Project Managers and Technical Leads on your team to keep sprints running on time
- Conduct interviews with potential candidates
- Work with HR to improve existing interview process
- Create a buzz for 7shifts Engineering through public speaking engagements at Universities, Polytechnical institutes, and Developer Meetups.
- Understand our development processes and architecture patterns well enough to educate new team members
- Monitor and improve the onboarding experience for new hires. Develop new training programs to onboard new team members
- Set onboarding and training targets to teach new hires and monitor their progression
- Set targets and train team members each quarter
- Retain & Nurture
- Gather feedback from teams and work with other managers and executives to manage change
- Monitor progress of team members and identify team members ready for promotion or new responsibility
- Identify gaps in your team members’ skill sets and work with them to learn and improve
You should have:
- Experience working in team lead positions and/or people management positions in a technology setting
- Have a background in software development or equivalent experience
- Strong understanding of creating cohesive teams and inspiring into action
It’d be cooler if you had:
- Experience managing software development cycles in an agile setting
- Dungeon Master experience
- Stock options (equity) in a Silicon Valley VC-backed startup
- Competitive health benefits
- Continuous learning benefit
- Generous & flexible vacation
- Free catered lunches every Friday
- Unlimited snacks and fully stocked drink fridge with fresh juices
- A culture that values authenticity, trust, curiosity, and diversity of thought
- Apple equipment
- Casual dress code
- Convenient Broadway location close to awesome restaurants, of course!
We thank you for your interest in joining the 7shifts team! While we welcome all applicants, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.